On the back of the bet on the future relative prices of Bitcoin and US dollars that Balaji and Medlock settled publicly on 2023-05-02 (confirmation by Balaji; confirmation by Medlock),
today Fidel Ramos and I agree on the following terms of a bet:
- The object of the bet is whether Bitcoin (BTC) reaches a price in US Dollars of $1M (one million dollars) at least once in the next 90 days.
- If at least two reliable sources show that BTC traded at $1M or above at any point before 2023-08-04 23:59:59 UTC, Fidel wins the bet. Otherwise, tripu wins the bet.
- We consider reliable sources the usual mainstream financial sources: Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg, the NYT, etc.
- Fidel bets €500 (five hundred euros) in fiat money. tripu bets BTC 0.019105605 (€500 in BTC using the closing price of 26,170.33 on 2023-05-05). Whoever loses the bet will pay his part to the winner, not later than one month after the bet is resolved.
- Both Fidel and tripu are publishing this post verbatim (except for trivial edits, such as swapping our names) on our respective blogs today (2023-05-06).
- We will link to each other, and to cached copies of both posts on either
- We are gentlemen (and friends) and thus consider these terms sufficient.